Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lamb leg grill with spicy coating

The most awaited and the blessed month of Ramadhan has finally come and i would like to wish Ramadhan Mubarak to all the Muslims across the globe !!!!

Its been almost an year since i wrote something...With the arrival of another little bundle of joy at home, I have been totally neglecting this one for indeed a very long time. My blogging buddies have been so kind to me and their emails have been so encouraging and supportive during my absence that I would like to thank one and all for it.

With Ramadhan here, the blogging world eagerly waits for the Iftar Moments hosted by my close friend Umm Mymoonah of the Taste of Pearl City. Iam sure every one would be as excited as Iam.. This event definitely holds a special place for me. Though I kept myself away from blogging, I cant and I dont want to miss participating in this wonderful event... can I??

So, here is my recipe exclusively for the Iftar Moments...













Ingredients

Lamb leg - about 3 kgs
Butter - 100 gms
Red Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Garlic pods - 2 (pressed)
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger powder - 1/4 tsp
Saffron - 1/4 tsp
Olive oil - 80 ml
Ground Pepper - 1 tsp or according to your taste
Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - according to the taste
Water - 1/2 cup

Preparation

1. Spread 50 gms butter and ground pepper and rub it on the lamb leg thoroughly.
2. In a separate bowl, mix well the chopped onions, garlic, all the spices, olive oil and a little water.
3. Take half of this mixture and spread firmly on the buttered meat.

4. Pour the other half of the onion mixture and the rest of the butter in a large baking pan which should be large enough to accomodate the leg.
5. Now place the lamb leg on this onion mixture bath, cover it with a foil and marinate for minimum 1 hr at room temperature.
6. Remove the foil and slow grill the lamb leg at 175 °C for about 2.5 hrs until it turns crispy from outside and is cooked well. Every now and then, using a spoon, pour over the underlying onion juice on the lamb during grilling.
7. Using a sharp knife, cut it in slices and serve it as a steak with rice or bread.

I bet this juicy and grilled lamb-leg is a nice treat for the meat-lovers !


Note :
1. If the meat is uncooked, you could regrill it in the oven for another half an hour or so.
2. This grill time varies according to the size of the lamb leg in different countries. Please adjust the time accordingly.
3. Feel free to use spices of your choice :)

8 comments:

  1. Woww Reshmi... Happy to see you back again!! This lamb leg is indeed juicy and spicy... Just can' wait for our next grill occasion.. Insha Allah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your back again, that's great. We missed this grill isn't it, very tempting. Thank you for sending it to Iftar Moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Reshmi
    Best wishes for the Ramadan and what a great recipe for the occasion !! Reminds me of great Ramadan days in Kuwait where I used to stay with my Muslim colleague.
    I like the recipe and the detailed method. I have grilled beef steaks with Indian spices, but never tried a lamb leg. I have a good mind to try it out.
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so delicious and mouthwatering :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that marination...extremely yummylicious....perfect for iftaar meal and it is something like my kind of food...but never tried it at home...love to give it a try....happy fasting.....

    I will be glad if you can take out time to participate in the event running in my blog....details can be found here ....http://kitchenflavours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post .. looks so delicious .. thanks for sharing ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luce delicioso y belllo,es mi asado preferido,así de jugoso,abrazos grandes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks incredible n stunning...inviting cliks Reshmi..glad to see you back..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my space and taking your precious time to leave a comment :)